The Timer service is a Boomi Flow plug-in that lets you pause your flow and resume again, from within the flow itself. The service is particularly useful for time-based escalations of a process. For example, say, you want to send an email to a manager requesting for approval of a sales quote beyond a certain dollar amount threshold. If she does not reply to the email within two hours, the Timer service can be used to automatically progress the flow forward. Continuing the example, the flow might then send the director a text message notification, requesting approval.
- Boomi Flow username/password (If you do not have a Boomi Flow login, please click here to request one)
- Click LOG IN to login to the Boomi Flow Drawing Tool.
- Select Services from the sidebar, and click New Service.
- Copy-paste Timer Service in the Name field.
- In The URL for the Service field, copy-paste https://services.manywho.com/api/timer/1
- Click Continue.
This opens the Service: Timer Service screen.
- Click Continue. Once the integration is installed, you will see a confirmation screen:
This installs the Timer service. You are now ready to import the service to a flow and start using the integration.