At Boomi Flow, the word we use for an ‘app’ is ‘flow’. We build a flow by logging into the Flow drawing tool, and creating a new flow. This opens a canvas – we drag and drop elements like page layouts into the canvas, configure the elements, and connect them with outcomes to build a flow diagram. When we run/publish a flow, we are generated the URL for our app.
Here is how we create a new public flow:
- Click LOG IN to login to the Boomi Flow Drawing Tool. Click here to get a free Flow log in.
- Click New Flow.
This opens the Flows>New Flow screen.
- Enter a name for the flow in the Name field. (Say, Approval process.)
- If we like, we can enter any notes/comments we may have on the flow, in the Summary section. The contents of the Summary section is visible to builders only.
- Click Start Building. This opens the Flow canvas, where we will build our flow diagram.
To create a new flow that needs authentication:
- Enter the Flow name in the Name field, check Running users must authenticate with a service, select the Service, and click Start building.
- If we want to create an authentication for users/groups, we add the users in a table.
Check out the glossary for a definition of terms and key concepts that appear in the Boomi Flow website, drawing tool, technical documentation, blogs, and marketing communications.
If you want to take a closer look, click on the images to enlarge them. Have a question? Click the Help button on the bottom right-hand corner of this page to ask.