Content under development
A Decision elements lets you create conditional routing – where one incoming sequence gets split into two or more outgoing sequences, based on pre-conditions.
You add the Decision element to the canvas just like you would any other element.
- Drag a Decision element from the sidebar to the canvas.
- Enter a name for the element in the Name field in the configuration panel and click Save Decision.
- Diagram out the subsequent elements. For example:
- Connect the outcomes. For example:
- Now add the relevant business rules. For example:
- And save the decision.
You can also create outcomes from the Decision element itself, if you have elements the outcomes can connect to.
- Click New Outcome.
- Enter a name for the outcome.
- Under Actions, enter the element you want the outcome to connect to. For example, Option 1.
- Click Edit Business Rules.
- Add a business rule for the outcome, and click Save.
- Click Apply Outcome.
- Click Save Decision.
You can see the outcome has been added:
You can add the second outcome the same way.
|ManyWho Ninja: Keep an eye out for data dependencies when you are creating decisions, especially if your data is crossing organizational boundaries during the decision.|
You may also be interested in:
Check out the ManyWho glossary for a definition of terms and key concepts that appear in the ManyWho website, Drawing Tool, technical documentation, blogs, and marketing communications.
If you need to take a closer look, click on the images to enlarge them. Have a question? Click the Help button on the bottom right-hand corner of this page to ask.