System values are values assigned dynamically by the ManyWho engine during runtime, and include information about the flow, the person who starts the flow, users in the flow, geolocation data of the user, etc. System values are different for each flow, and not explicitly created unless the flow asks for it. You will therefore not find system values by clicking on Home, and Values.
If you are building a flow, and need to see the data contained in a system value, here is a quick tip on how to create a flow with a Step element containing the value, and run the flow to display the data of the value.
- Click LOG IN to login to the ManyWho Drawing Tool.
- Click New Flow.
- Drag a Step element from the left-hand-side navigation, to the ManyWho Canvas. This opens a Configuration Panel on the right.
- Enter a name for the Step in the Name field in the Configuration Panel.
- Click Insert Value. This opens the Insert a Value dialog box, with a scroll-down list of all the available system values.
- Select the system value you want to see and click Ok.
- Click Save Step.
- Hover your mouse on Start. The mouse pointer changes from a crossbar to a hand.
- Drag an arrow from Start to the Step you have created.
- In the Configuration Panel, type Go in the Name field, and click Save Outcome.
- Run the flow by clicking the Play icon on the right-hand-side navigation. This runs the flow in a new browser tab, with the data from the system value displayed on the screen.
If you need to take a closer look, click on the images to enlarge them. Have a question? Click the Help button on the bottom right-hand corner of this page to ask.
Check out the ManyWho glossary for a definition of terms and key concepts that appear in the ManyWho website, Drawing Tool, technical documentation, blogs, and marketing communications.