Content under development
You can use the navigation element to build non-sequential workflows with Boomi Flow, where flow control passes from one element to another without waiting for a previous element to be executed.
The navigation element lets you link and group elements into a menu bar. You can link to any map element using the navigation.
End-users of the app can select any item from the menu. When the user selects a particular menu item, the flow executes the linked map element.
You can change the navigation and hierarchy of menu items with a navigation override.
The navigation element can hold multiple menu items; with each item linking to a map element in the flow. You can also build sub-navigations:
If a navigation item is disabled or invisible, the platform will not allow the navigation item to execute.
To access navigation: Click the Navigation icon on the right-hand-side menu of the Boomi Flow Drawing Tool.
Typically, the navigation is rendered to the end-user as a menu bar. The user is free to select items from the menu in any order, navigating from one option to another.
This is how the navigation (in the flow above) is rendered in the app:
Users can click Home, Forum or Customer Support any time. The Home page contains step-by-step troubleshooting instructions (designed as a series of steps in the flow) – which the user can follow sequentially.
|Note: You can link to any map element using the navigation.|
- Executing a navigation item will execute the linked map element.
- A flow can have multiple navigations.
- If a navigation item is disabled or invisible, the platform will not allow the navigation item to execute.
- Name: The name you will give the menu. This name is not visible to end-users of the app.
- Label: The label is what the user will see along with the navigation. The label field is optional – you can leave it blank if you do not want to have an explicit name for the menu in your app.
- Comments: Any notes you may want to add. Comments are meant for builder reference only, and not visible to end-users.
Navigation items (Menu items)
- Name: The name you will give the menu item. This name is not visible to end-users of the app.
- Label: The label is what the user will see along with the navigation item.
- Map element: This is the element the menu item is linked with.
- Order: The order in which a menu item is rendered in the menu, with relation to other items. The order starts at 0.
- Building a menu with navigation
- Creating a sub-navigation
- Deleting a navigation
- Overriding a navigation
- Tutorial: Step 3: Adding navigation
|Boomi Flow Ninja
#Link decision and operator elements to a navigation menu to dynamically determine the location of navigational items based on business rules.
#You can create a hierarchy of navigation items, however, when a parent navigation item has child navigation items, the parent navigation item does not perform the navigation request using the default UI. As a result, the parent is effectively disabled. If this is not the desired behavior, override the standard navigation rendering code in the UI framework.
Check out the glossary for a definition of terms and key concepts that appear in the Boomi Flow website, Drawing Tool, technical documentation, blogs, and marketing communications.
If you need to take a closer look, click on the images to enlarge them. Have a question? Click the Help button on the bottom right-hand corner of this page to ask.