We are updating the way we do platform releases at Boomi Flow. Starting now, we will have two release cycles – rolling and monthly for the API updates. You can decide, on a per tenant basis, which release cycle you would like to be on. By default, you are subscribed to the rolling release – which means – every month you will be using the rolling version of the platform.
The rolling release cycle is the same as the current behavior, and what you have been used to — Whenever a new release is deployed to production your tenant will automatically start using that release.
The monthly release cycle means that a new release is deployed on the 1st of every month — The release that is deployed will be the release that was currently active on the rolling cycle on the 1st. of the previous month. Any release deployed to the monthly cycle will have been in production for at least one calendar month.
Boomi Flow also has a new QA environment, which you can access here or by copy-pasting this link to your browser https://qa.manywho.com/da497693-4d02-45db-bc08-8ea16d2ccbdf/play/draw2-qa
This environment will receive the pending rolling release at least 48 hours before it’s released to production on the rolling cycle. All of your flows will be available to you in the QA environment and any changes made here will also be in production, and vice versa.
You can subscribe to email notifications about new releases to the QA environment here.
|The release cycles and QA environment are only for API releases. The Flow Draw Tooling and UI updates will be released as usual.|
- Which release cycle am I on?
- How can I switch between release cycles?
- Can I have multiple tenants with different release cycles?
- Do subtenants follow the release cycle of the parent tenant?
- Should I use the rolling or monthly release?
- What is the difference between the monthly and the rolling versions?
Which release cycle am I on?
- Click LOG IN to login to the Drawing Tool.
- Click API to open the API tab.
- Copy-paste api/admin/1/tenant/ as the endpoint.
- Click GET. This lists details of your tenant in the Response section. You will find which release cycle you are on, under tenant settings.
How can I switch between release cycles?
- Do a api/admin/1/tenant/ GET request (please see ‘Which release cycle I am on’ to see how to.) This is what the screen will look like:
- Copy the JSON code and paste it on the Request column.
- Change the “releaseCycle”: “rolling” to “releaseCycle”: “monthly” in the code. (Ln 33 in the screenshot.)
- Click POST. You will get a system message saying POST to /api/admin/1/tenant completed successfully.
Can I have multiple tenants with different release cycles?
Yes. Every tenant in your Flow account is entirely separate from another.
Do subtenants follow the release cycle of the parent tenant?
No. Subtenants will be set to the default rolling release.
You can change the release cycle settings of a subtenant, the same was as you would with a tenant.
Should I use the rolling or monthly release?
The Flow monthly/rolling releases makes sure you are always one step ahead of the release cycle. If you have an app in production that you think may break or is business-critical, you want to use the monthly version. Remember, the rolling version is around for a month before it gets elevated to the status of the monthly version. In addition to our regression testing, the release has been used by the vast majority of our customers in production for at least one month. The extra time also means you can run your own tests if you like.
What is the difference between the monthly and the rolling versions?
The monthly version is the rolling version released up to a month later. There is no other difference.
Check out the glossary for a definition of terms and key concepts that appear in the Boomi Flow website, Drawing Tool, technical documentation, blogs, and marketing communications.
If you need to take a closer look, click on the images to enlarge them. Have a question? Click the Help button on the bottom right-hand corner of this page to ask