We use the navigation element to build non-sequential workflows with Boomi Flow, where flow control passes from one element to another without waiting for a previous element to be executed. We have seen how easy it is to create a navigation/menus. It is equally easy to hide select elements from users in a menu, after a click.
- Let’s say we have a simple flow with a few elements. We have also created a navigation for this flow that connects all the elements. Click any element in the flow. Say, Step 2 in this example (which is connected to the flow path by the navigation).
- In the configuration panel that opens when we click the step, let’s expand the Advanced option.
- Scroll down to Override Navigation and click New Navigation Override.
- The navigation we have created is called Menu. Let’s select it as the navigation we want to override.
- Let’s select the item we want to override. Say, Step 2. In real-life scenarios, it is not a requirement for the element we want to override to not be connected to any other element.
- Uncheck the option for Should the item be visible to users.
- Uncheck the option for Should the item be enabled for users to select.
- Click Apply Navigation Override.
- Click Save Step.
Let’s run the flow now, and see how the navigation override is working:
- Everything you want to know about navigation
- Building a menu with navigation
- Creating a sub-navigation
- Deleting a navigation
- Disabling menu options for select elements
- Customizing the navigation bar