You can create a picklist to lets users select values from a predefined list – for example, a list of priorities; which can be High, Low, or Medium. To do this, first create a custom picklist type and then a value of that type. You can then save the option selected by the user from the picklist to a new value. A page is a good way to show users the picklist.
- Select Types from the sidebar, and click New Type.
This opens the screen where you will enter details for the new type.
- In the Name field, type Sample Picklist.
- Click New Property.
This opens the screen where you will configure the properties of the picklist.
- Type Label in the Name field and select String from the What kind of Property is This? option.
- Click Apply Property.
- Click Save Type to save the picklist type.
- Now that you have a custom type, we can create values of that type. You will now create a value containing the list of priorities. This value will be of the type Sample Picklist. Click Values.
This opens the Values tab.
- Click New Value.
- Copy-paste Picklist: Priorities in the Name field.
- Select List from the What kind of Value is This? option.
- Click Select a Type.
- Type Sample in the search bar and select Sample Picklist.
- Click the + icon to add data to the value. You will populate the list in the value now.
- Type High in the Label field and click the + icon again.
- Type Medium in the Label field and click the + icon again.
- Type Low in the Label field.
- Click Save Value.
This saves a value Picklist: Priorities of type Sample Picklist in your tenant.
Seeing the picklist in action
You will create a page that will use show the user the picklist data, and save the priority selected by the user.
- Click Pages.
- Click New Page Layout.
- Drag a Combobox from the sidebar to the Main Container.
This opens the Page Component configuration panel on the right.
- Type Priority in the Name and Label fields.
- Click Select a Type under the Data Source options.
- Enter Sample in the search bar and select Sample Picklist.
- Check the Get the data from a List Value option.
- Click Select or create a new Value under The Value that holds the data.
- Select Picklist: Priorities.
- Uncheck the Save the whole selection option.
- Click Select or Create a new Value under Save the selection made by the user to.
- Click Create a new Value.
- Enter Case in the Name field.
- The What kind of Value is this? field should say Object.
- The What Type of Value is this? field should say Sample Picklist.
- Click Save.
- Click Add Column under Data Presentation.
- Select Label for The Property to use for this Column.
- Click Save Component.
- Click the Save icon on the right-hand-side navigation to save the page layout.
Let’s see the picklist in action now. Click the Preview icon to pull up the page preview.
You can see the drop-down menu. The priorities High, Medium, Low will be populated during runtime when you run the flow that uses the page.
If you need to take a closer look, click on the images to enlarge them. Have a question? Click the Help button on the bottom right-hand corner of this page to ask.