A component is a presentational element in a page layout. With components, you can split your app UI into independent, reusable pieces.
Boomi Flow comes with a ton of pre-built components that you can use straight out-of-the-box. These components are grouped in to four broad categories — Content, Input, Data, Charts.
- Content — Hidden, Presentation, List, Outcomes, Image.
- Input — Input, Radio, Checkbox, Toggle, Text, Rich Text, Combo box.
- Data — File upload, Table, Files, Tiles.
- Charts — Bar, Line, Pie, Doughnut, Polar Area.
What happens if you want… more? You build it, in minutes! Flow uses the Facebook React framework; which makes it super-easy for you to create your own components as classes or functions.
- Custom components can allow real-time client-side Web service calls to other services, and populate data back.
- You can create custom components to create even fancier charts than the ones that ship default with Flow; for example, Gantt charts.
- Custom components can let you bind multiple values/fields to a UI component (Flow default UI components work with a single value. For example, an address with multiple fields for data like street names etc. will be tied to multiple inputs.)
With custom components, you can:
- Design a custom HTML component layout.
- Attach it to an element on a page layout.
- Retrieve the current value of that element from Flow.
- Display it in a custom format.
- Perform logic.
- Update the value back to Flow.
- Interact with other components on the page.
- Force data transfer between the page and the Flow platform.