The Service Console in Salesforce is an app that provides a comprehensive view of each customer, and where that customer is in your support process. You can create multiple console apps (the exact number depends on your organization’s custom app limits). The Service Console can be accessed from the App menu.
Here is how you can set up a Service Console for a user:
- Click Manage Users under Administer in the Setup screen of your Salesforce org to expand the Manage Users menu.
- Click Users.
- Click Edit under the Action menu of the user details you want to edit.
This opens the User Edit screen.
- Check the Service Cloud User box.
- Click Save to save the user.
- Click the user’s full name to open the user page in View mode.
- Click on the profile of the user to open her Profile. (In the example, System Administrator.)
- Click Edit to open the Profile Edit screen.
- Under Custom App Settings, check the Visible box for Sample Console.
- Click Save to save the profile.
Here is how you can access the Service Console:
- Select Sample Console from the Force.com App Menu.
Check out the ManyWho glossary for a definition of terms and key concepts that appear in the ManyWho website, Drawing Tool, technical documentation, blogs, and marketing communications.
If you need to take a closer look, click on the images to enlarge them. Have a question? Click the Help button on the bottom right-hand corner of this page to ask.